re: the title of this post: you didn't think those two can go together? :)
My friend Adam and I ventured out around 5:30 tonight in search of a Catholic mass. And luckily we found the church, and it's actually close to where I live! It's called Sakramentskirken, Church of the Sacraments, or maybe Sacraments Church? Who knows what we would call it in America. It's interesting though that "Kirken" means church because that means Soren Kierkegaard's name literally translates to graveyard (Church + Yard). Cool, eh?
Digression aside, the mass was really neat. Adam and I are pretty sure the priest was American, but most of the people who were there seemed to be Philipino or African. So that was cool, cause I was like, here I am in Denmark going to a mass with people from all over the world. During the Our Father every single person in the church joined hands and sang the prayer, and then during the Sign of Peace the priest and the altar girl walked up and down the pews and shook hands with everyone, so that was pretty neat. And most of the songs we sang were songs I knew, but it was really interesting to hear everyone sing them with accented English since I was surrounded mostly by Philipinos. But everyone was very enthusiastic about singing and so I really enjoyed myself :)
As for the Super Bowl tonight: all of us Keops kids (those of us who live in Keops Kollegium here in Norrebro, Denmark) are gathering in the common room to watch it together. We also put up signs in the elevators so that the Danes, the Australians, the Germans, etc., would know about our Super Bowl viewing party. The game doesn't start until midnight here, but should be fun, yeah? Especially if non-Americans show up (which I hope they do). I bought some Tuborg and Doritos (are you proud, Mom?) at the 7-11 to celebrate. Can't have the Super Bowl without chips (do I hear a snap, snap?).
Oh yeah, I'm totally psyched that it's February because I'm going to have special visitors this month! My dad is coming to Switzerland for work in mid-Feb so he's gonna try to come up to Copenhagen to see me. And then Hamy arrives on the last day of Feb! I'm planning lots of fun things for us to do, Ham. (How do you feel about clothes shopping? ha ha.)
Note to my wonderful friends: I really, really, really miss you all! Skype me if you haven't yet! Thank God for the internet, it's made staying in touch so much easier....And special note to Jennifer: HAPPY SIX MONTHS! Enjoy your time with Chris :)
Love to all!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Dude, I totally love your blog. Keep it up!
Ham
Post a Comment